web tracker


Wednesday, August 31, 2005
 
Feeling Gassy
Okay, I understand the setback in domestic (Gulf of Mexico) oil production is going to reduce the amount of gas we can produce in our refineries (some of which are damaged or inoperable). And there’s a lot of speculation that gas prices are going to rise sharply. My question is this: Won’t some of the lost production be offset by the millions of people who will not be driving and/or using utilities? See, I'm sure when the president asks a seemingly naive question like that, he has someone who will give him an answer without shaming him. I just have you, The Internet.

In other news, I’m hungry. It’s not even noon and I’ve had my lunch already. That SlimFast “shake” I had for breakfast didn’t really hit the spot. Can I make it for six hours until dinner? Survey says “No.”