web tracker


Wednesday, March 30, 2005
 
No, Really, Stop it With the Fuckin’ 80s Shit Already. Christ!
If you were to ask me, “Scott, how long do we have to endure this silly ‘voting for the best 80s band’ shit . . . can’t we just tell you Duran Duran was the greatest band of the 80s and end this madness?” Well, shit. If you put it that way, then I’d probably say, “Sure.” So, today’s matchup is an either/or proposition: Either vote in the next pair of matchups, or tell me why Duran Duran is the greatest band of the 80s. Or both. You could be doing us all a favor, no?

Ladies:

Cyndi Lauper vs. Blondie

Go-Go’s vs. Berlin

These seem like really close ones to me. But if you feel that no-one is going to top the aging, fey New Romantics named after the evil robot from Barbarella, then let me know.