web tracker


Monday, January 03, 2005
 
Welcome (Back) to Kamikazeland
It’s great stellar okay to be back. I started off my week by having a cavity drilled this morning. As pleasant as my dentist tries to make it, this one was pretty difficult. Not painful, just hard to keep my mouth open for the entire procedure. It must really be hard to be Paris Hilton.

Here’s the promised quiz / meme / bit-o-gayness. Better late than never, right? (I’ll be saying that a lot this week, I’m sure.)

Three names you go by:
-- Scott
-- Hey, Asshole
-- Mr. Sand-in-his-Vagina

Three screennames you have:
-- Scott-san
-- divebomber71 (AOL IM)
-- Um . . .

Three things you like about yourself:
-- Despite my shortcomings, I seem to have gotten something right with my daughter.
-- Geez, this is hard.
-- That’s about it.

Three things you hate/dislike about yourself:
-- My lack of focus / motivation smothers any creative spark I have. I’m where good ideas go to die, apparently.
-- I’m always losing my patience in ugly, stabbing-bedroom-doors-with-a-screwdriver ways.
-- My pants are getting tight, and there are two unopened containers of egg nog in the fridge.

Three parts of your heritage:
-- “Scotch, Dutch, and Welsh” is what my mom used to tell me.
-- Mom was born in New Zealand to an American woman and a New Zealand Air Force pilot, so I guess that makes me one-quarter New Zealand-ish (or is it New Zealand-ese, or just Kiwi?).
-- Reportedly, I’m one-sixteenth Native-American.

Three things that scare you:
-- spiders
-- another four years of Dubya
-- having some horrible tragedy befall my wife and/or daughter

Three of your everyday essentials:
-- a little music in the car (at least)
-- this web-comic (weekdays)
-- a good poop? (look, this is hard stuff . . . not my poop)

Three things you are wearing right now:
-- In true metrosexual fashion, I’m wearing a baby-blue short-sleeved button down from Banana Republic; it matches my eyes.
-- Some fading, years-old navy blue khakis from Gap.
-- Fake-leather shoes from Target.

Three of your favorite bands/artists (at the moment; not counting mine or the wife’s):
-- Interpol
-- The Stills
-- Er . . . I’m at a loss. Mono?

Three things you want to try in the next 12 months:
-- Making curry once a week.
-- Putting together a poetry chapbook and/or another poetry journal.
-- Taking lots and lots of cool pictures.

Three things you want in a relationship (love is a given):
-- friendship
-- stimulation (of all kinds)
-- boobs (and allowing me to touch them)

Two truths and a lie (random order):
-- I proposed to my wife during a fight.
-- I’m a great dancer.
-- Lunch today? Campbell’s Select Chicken & Egg Noodles, Beer Nuts, a can of pineapple chunks, and a grape soda.

Three physical things about the opposite (or same) sex that appeals to you:
-- skin
-- voice
-- milkshake

Three things you just can't do:
-- play drums
-- stop eating
-- finish anything (except a meal)

Three of your favorite hobbies:
-- playing music
-- “writing”
-- disc golf

Three things you want to do really badly right now:
-- eat something else
-- hug my daughter and have her hug me back
-- I’ll go with THB on “get out of debt.”

Three careers you're considering:
-- technical editing
-- non-technical editing
-- some other kind of editing . . . or indie record-company baron

Three places you want to go on vacation:
-- England
-- Japan
-- New Zealand

Three kids names:
-- Elowyth
-- Serendipity
-- anything but Julian

Three things you want to do before you die:
-- see my daughter grow up and make us proud
-- get published in a way that would make anyone proud
-- really live

Three people who have to take this quiz, or not:
I think everyone else has taken it. Haven’t you, The Internet?