web tracker


Monday, November 08, 2004
 
Stats That Shape a Meetup

Number of Bloggers Present: at least 9
Tab for Opening-Night Dinner (With Tip, For Nine People, with a Respectable Amount of Drinks): $227.29 (I know because it went on my credit card!)
Number of “Strip Clubs” Visited: 1
Number of Drinking Games Played: 3 (but only one with any amount of real commitment)
Amount of Alcohol Present at “Cookout”: a metric shit-ton . . . seriously, I couldn’t even begin to tell you how much there was to drink . . . okay, for starters, there were no less than eight varieties of vodka
Number of People Who Threw Up: 0 (that I know of)
Number of People Who Passed Out: depends on how you define “passed out,” but I’d say at least one
Number of Drinks for Yours Truly Over the Meetup’s 30-Hour Duration: about 13


I could probably go on and on, but I’ll leave it at that. Personally, I wish I’d planned a little better (particularly for the poker and mix CDs), but it turned out great anyway. We met a lot great people this weekend, and I really hope that we can do it again sometime soon.

Thanks also to CW for letting us meet at his house . . . and, particularly, for letting us play “Asshole” in his living room.

More tomorrow. In the meantime, if you haven’t already, go here to see pictures. And here.