web tracker


Sunday, September 26, 2004
 
It's Just What I ALWAYS Wanted! Thank You, God!
Another weekend in Florida, and you know what that means. That's right . . . Hurricane Jeanne. For my fuckin' birthday. Which, to be fair, is still a couple hours away.

As I type this, the center of Tropical Storm (pardon me) Jeanne is less than 100 miles away. The wind is steadily 25 mph, and the rain is fairly constant. I have a candle burning next to the keyboard for that innevitible moment when the power goes out. Should be any minute now.

This weekend hasn't been all it could be. I mean, yeah, several of my friends got together for a Thai dinner Friday night, followed by the yearned-for trivia. (For the record, Michelle doesn't usually choose to play trivia, but somehow wins once per outing. By "wins" I mean against the entire bar. She routinely kicks my ass.) The rest of the weekend, however, has been marred by untimely and unfortunately bad karm. A sick daughter and her sick cousin. A clumsy mother. And the aforementioned storm. There will be more details later, when I'm not ticking off the seconds in my head until the lights suddenly go off. Seriously, I promised drunk-blogging and I'm all too sober.