web tracker


Tuesday, August 24, 2004
 
It’s a Dream Journey (Without Journey)
I haven’t been too in sync with my dreams lately. Although I wouldn’t really know because I can’t fuckin’ remember them. Except for the one from last night, wherein the Lunchbreak Clan traveled to Washington D.C. Now, I’ve never been to D.C. in the real world (or, in the Real World . . . how did they avoid filming there?), so being there subconsciously was pretty strange. Probably a lot like the real D.C.

Before we left, we were interviewed and asked what we most wanted to see. I responded, “The Mall.” Erm, okay . . .

Anyway, this got me thinking about what national treasures I’d need to see before I got bored and decided to move on to another country. I’ve seen almost every corner of Florida (with the notable exception of the Everglades and Key West). I’ve seen the glory and splendor of Atlanta more times than I can remember. I’ve seen the piss-and-vomit-covered sidewalks of New Orleans. I’ve seen the White Mountains (from the top of Mt. Washington), the Adirondacks, New York City, Lake Tahoe, etc. My list of must-see places / things is really pretty limited at this point. Here’s what I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Gettysburg
2. The Grand Canyon (I guess)
3. Las Vegas / Los Angeles (in one two-day trip, I figure)
4. Seattle (I was thinking, “No, Mrs. Dayment, we’re not having the ‘blogger meetup in Vegas!" which led me to her current home, which I’ve never even been close to)
5. San Francisco
6. The Great Plains during tornado season (Oooo, storm chasing!)


What else do I / we need to see? Your answers could be part of a family vacation some day. So lay off the balls of twine and truck stops with great glory holes.