web tracker


Monday, May 17, 2004
 
I Don’t Like Taking Pills for My Ills, so I Won’t Take Anything for This, Either
OR
How Does the Partridge Family Theme Song Go Again?
When you’re sick, you take something, right? To make you feel better? Well, I’m a big believer in the Law of Diminished Returns, so I try not to take anything unless I have to (like antibiotics) or unless I’m sure it’s going to work and I only need to take it once or twice (like Nyquil).

I hated being on Prilosec. Sure, it made my stomach not so hurt-y and kept me from my 3-a.m. toilet-bowl hugging rendezvous, but I didn’t like being dependent on a pill to make me better. Especially one I had to take every single day.

So, anyway, I think I may be going through a bout of depression*. I told Michelle last week that I thought I’d been depressed for a long while. With things being stressful at work and with our budget being, well, ours, I’ve been noticing it more. My usual outlets aren’t coming through the way they used to. Maybe it’s an early mid-life crisis. I’m not going to dwell on it, however. I’m working to make things better . . . or at least do something to make myself feel better. Perhaps this is part of what I meant when I mentioned becoming a "different person" (see post below). Apparently, my first step toward recovery is ripping off Estella for the upteenth time.

That becoming a "different person" reference was also, you guessed it, a hint at a new haircut. Well, it’s not really that different. I’ll have Michelle take a picture and post it because she’s better at that sort of thing. I had great plans for a before-and-after post, but you know how I am with follow-through.


* I’m not trolling for sympathy here, folks. Just keepin’ it real. (And no, Mr. ADD, I don’t have "sand in my vagina.")