web tracker


Tuesday, December 02, 2003
 
Salmonella, Here I Come!
Someone left some sort of pumpkin-cream pie out on the counter in the kitchenette outside my office. By the time I went to lunch, it had been there for a good little while, but I took a piece anyway. The first bite tasted a little off, so I shit-canned the rest of it.

I proofed / edited too many health brochures at my last job, and I’m big on the 2-40-140 Rule* (much to everyone’s annoyance).

---------------

I had my semiannual dental cleaning this morning. I know she really likes these, but I hate them. No matter how pleasant the staff is, it basically amounts to someone coming at me with a sharp, stainless-steel hook. No, really.

Still, the last couple / few visits have been cavity-free, so maybe my view will shift. (Although, my gums are “recessing” in a couple places, and I have a mysterious “shadow” between a couple of my teeth that could be decay. I chose the “wait-six-months-and-see” option for that one.)

---------------

I got an 83.5 on this quiz. And, apparently, I was born between Woodstock and “Just Say No.”

---------------

She’s back . . . again. It just goes to show you can’t keep a good ‘Poo down. Or something like that.

In other blogroll news, I’m gonna trim it back some, I think. Some people have stopped writing, or I’ve stopped going to see if they’re still writing. Really, time is limited, so I can’t keep up with everyone. Sorry, Jason Royal. (Perhaps I should add Kevynn Malone to offset the loss, eh?)

---------------

* It’s something like this: Don’t eat anything that’s been out (and uncovered) for more than two hours between the temperatures of 40 and 140 (Fahrenheit, for our Canadian / international readers.)