web tracker


Wednesday, December 03, 2003
 
The Big (Not So) Easy
It’s finally that time. My wife, Michelle, is about to turn 30. We’re going to New Orleans for the weekend to celebrate her birthday. For those of you with a calendar, her birthday celebration will start tomorrow and end a week from this Sunday. (Her actual birthday is a week from tomorrow . . . long story.)

Anyway, I’m hoping for two things: 1) that there will be lots of interesting stories to tell, and 2) that I have time to tell the stories. Whether more than five or six of you are here to read it is irrelevant, I guess. Let’s just say our trip will be vodka-soaked blog-worthy and leave it at that.

This will be the last trip we take without our little Mia. We were originally going to take her but her surrogate parents Michelle’s parents said she’d probably be happier not going.

Speaking of Miss Mia, here’s a picture of her wearing a hat made my our dear friend, Amy Choppa:


Now, I’ve received a five-question quiz from Amy that will be used to weed out the unworthy for another CD giveaway. (Yes, this one’s been a long time coming.) The quiz will most likely be posted around noon (EST) next Tuesday (December 9). I know, I know . . . Amy said it would be tomorrow. But that was before I realized how much crap I’d have to get done before going out of town. I’ll have something more definite next Monday, but go ahead and pencil me in.

In the meantime, I still have a handful of CDs to send out for the previous distribution. I’m sure you’re all mighty thankful. Or something.

I’ll see you all very soon.