web tracker


Thursday, October 02, 2003
 
Rush Limbaugh Proves, Once Again, That He is an Asshole*
It’s really refreshing to me that Mr. Limbaugh continues to alienate himself. I mean, I didn’t hear him say what he said about Donovan McNabb and, if I had, it likely wouldn’t have registered as a foul, racist slam (the claim Chris Berman has made). Somewhat troubling, but not racist.

For those of you in the dark, Rush Limbaugh is who he is (an ultra-conservative, ultra-offensive sack of shit), yet he was invited by ESPN to be on their Sunday Countdown pre-game show . . . y’know, for his controversial appeal, and likely so all the stupid fucking “ditto-heads” would turn on football instead of watching NASCAR 24-7. Anyway, this past Sunday, the subject of the Philadelphia Eagles and their beleaguered quarterback came up.

“I think what we’ve had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well,” Limbaugh said. He basically went on to say that McNabb is overrated and that the Eagles’ defense has carried the team.

Yesterday, Rush resigned from his ESPN post (“the path of least resistance”) rather than fight the waves of criticism that were crashing over him, even as he defended himself and refused to back down from his statement. (“I must be right . . . blah, blah, blah.”)

The man is out to press people’s buttons . . . bottom line. That’s what he does. That’s all he does. (Note the Terminator reference. Or don’t, fuck-o.) No useful nuggets of wisdom fall out of that guy’s mouth, and he certainly isn’t here to solve anyone’s problems. And to say that on ESPN, which is owned by ABC, which is owned by Disney . . . I mean, c’mon. How stupid do you have to be?

Oh, Rush stupid, I guess.

---------------

In other news, Mia has an ear infection with a possible side of bronchitis, so she’s on antibiotics and I may be in and out of the office tomorrow.

And, furthermore:

-- Margaret Cho has a blog.

-- This is the only time of year that I will really pay attention to the World of Baseball. It’s funny that the respective home teams of Leo and CW are playing each other. I talked to a couple baseball fans and asked if they (like me) were hoping for a Cubs – Red Sox World Series. They were. I’m tired of the Braves. I mean, really.

-- I’ve tried to watch as much as I can of the U.S.A. in the women’s World Cup. I actually had a lively debate about the worthiness of soccer with Mr. ADD about it last night. At a redneck sports bar. The jury’s still out on who one that one.

-- I forgot to mention that the shirt I’m wearing in the fried ice cream photo from yesterday’s post (yeah, not linking to that one again) is indeed the same Billabong shirt from this post.

(* I was gonna write “Big Fat Idiot,” in reference to the Al Franken book title, but Rush has kind-of slimmed down. I guess that makes him a harder target for snipers. Or maybe angry mobs will find it more difficult to catch him.)