web tracker


Monday, April 28, 2003
 
Stats that Shape a Weekend
Number of pounds lost in five days . . . by Michelle: 4
Number of CDs purchased: 2
Number of people who are interested in these stats: 0

Michelle started the Atkins Diet a week ago to shed the remaining, nagging pregnancy weight. I guess you have to wait 'til a guy dies before you take up his cause. Anyway, she wants me to do it, too, because it'd be easier if we were both on it. I could cut out the extra sweets, but starches? Forget it. That's, like, half my fuckin' diet. Christ! And I had a bite of one of those low-carb bars. Blech!

I had heard snippets of the new Placebo CD, Sleeping with Ghosts, at Julie's party last weekend, and I'd been telling myself all week that I was going to get it this weekend. And I did. Michelle had heard "Reptile" by The Church on our local college station and really liked it, so we picked up a used copy of their greatest hits. Feel kind-of bad about paying full retail for the big-label CD and buying the indie-label CD used. Then again, we could've downloaded "Reptile" and bought a six pack of good beer rather than support our local independent record store. You win some, you lose some.

We really didn't do a lot this weekend. Lots of budget/accounting catch-up for me, and lots of band practice for Michelle. However, we did discover that the grocery prices really are cheaper at the new Super Wal-Mart. We're talking about shopping there for our groceries now, rather than Publix. Maybe they'll shoot us for one of their commercials. We could talk about how much we're saving with all the low prices. Of course, we'd have to lose half of our teeth and re-acquire southern accents. And have four more kids real quick-like. And wear flip-flops to the store. Michelle mentioned curlers for her hair and pajama bottoms, too.

The next couple weekends (Atlanta and Destin) should be more exciting. In the meantime, I'll get crackin' on that McDonald's post, eh?